The Medicine Is The Sickness
If there’s one thing I hate, it’s people who won’t let me in on the freeway.
If there’s one thing I hate, it’s having to let people in on the freeway.
If there’s one thing I hate, it’s waking up to 50 assholes pretending to be me.
If there’s one thing I hate, it’s waking up feeling like an asshole because I yelled at those assholes.
If there’s one thing I hate, it’s people who turn the things I say into insipid greeting card messages.
If there’s one thing I hate, it’s turning a bunch of ideas into a laundry list.
If there’s one thing I hate, it’s that feeling you get when you scratch something new.
If there’s one thing I hate, it’s not knowing what’s wrong with someone and all you want to do is make them feel better.
If there’s one thing I hate, it’s knowing that my mind naturally gravitates towards the negative and not being able to stop it.
If there’s one thing I hate, it’s people who become your friend, to become your friends’ friend.
If there’s one thing I hate, it’s being really busy and using that as an excuse to ignore your email.
If there’s one thing I hate, it’s having to acknowledge that my feelings are my own, no one else’s. And, my responsibility.
If there’s one thing I hate, it’s forgetting that and taking the way I feel out on the world.
If there's one thing I hate, it's people who criticize things, who can't take criticism.
If there’s one thing I hate, it’s going to the same job day-after-day for the same pay.
If there’s one thing I hate, it’s not having a job.
If there’s one thing I hate, it’s not you.
(via I Wrote This For You.
(I bolded my favorites... which turned out to be almost all of it.)
Thursday, May 27, 2010
Just something I'm working on.
I could tell something had changed, like the gears had been reversed or one had been removed entirely. His face was the same. He wore the same glasses, and had the same, brown mop of hair that was perfectly untidy. I wanted to tell him how much I liked his bow tie. I wanted to tell him how much I liked it when he wore a bow tie. And I liked his suspenders; I wanted to tell him that, too. But he looked at me like I wasn’t the same person anymore.
“I’m the same,” I wanted to say. “I’m the same.”
I don’t know if he would have believed me.
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
I have a lot of dreams. I don't act on them because I know that they're unrealistic.
But there's still a part of me that yearns for it all.
Why am I such a dreamer?
Photo by me. Funny story (only not really): My photography class went to Galveston to take some photos (go figure). And nearly everyone was down on the beach taking pictures of a model we had brought while I stayed on the seawall. There was some guy that stepped up onto that platform and I just thought of Jon Ellis (the photographer for I Wrote This For You) and I JUMPED ON THAT (meaning I took the photo).
Cool story, bro.
Feeling oddly at peace. I don't know what has brought it about.
Maybe the fact that we have had perfect skies for a whole week, six of which were filled with perfect, puffy clouds. And today's sky contains my favorite kind: barely there and chopped up, a thin layer of white cotton candy.
I love it.
photo by me. They are muh feetz (and that's FEET not fetus, like people read on my status on facebook the other day. lulz)
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
You can't just float through life and expect everything you want to just fall into your lap without putting forth effort.
You have to try. You have to push yourself. You have to do the things you don't want to do, you have to do the things you have to do. You can't get anywhere without doing so.
A year later, and if you haven't changed a bit.
Monday, May 17, 2010
I took photos of Alee for my photography assignment. I think they're stellar, if I say so myself.
Right now, I am smelling curry powder, paprika and cayenne pepper. And I am sneezing.
This blog has nothing to do with anything, I am just bored in color fundamentals.
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
I submitted this photo to be printed and displayed on the wall at the Art Institute. I gave it the title, "But time always matters, because eventually, you always have to leave."
And yes, I know, that's a long title. I wasn't told on how it would be printed, so I didn't know if it was okay or not. I received no notification that it was too long or anything.
SO they printed it out with the title and my name under it. However, the title was changed to "Time Matters."
EXCUSE ME WHAT.
Please ask me if you want to change my message. You and your team of people who decided on the title change obviously missed the message.
The message is so obvious. "You always have to leave."
Maybe I'm overreacting, but this makes me really mad. I wonder how that one bratty photography major would feel if his belov'd title was changed.
Lesson that should be learned:
DON'T CHANGE PEOPLE'S SHIT WITHOUT THEIR CONSENT.
Monday, May 10, 2010
Sunday, May 9, 2010
1. Look for something that will make you happy that doesn't include that aspect. There are other ways to feel accomplished. Work. Work hard. And enjoy your work. (I feel like Irina from the Three Sisters. "Work = happiness!" But you know, sometimes, that's the truth.)
2. I wish things could be different. I wish things between you and I could be different. I feel like her and what she does to me. "If I have time." I hate that. I wish I could change it, but it's out of my hands. Please understand that. If I could, you know I would.
3. Thank you for telling me. Thank you for explaining. Thank you for apologizing. Thank you for agreeing with me. I love you, and I'll miss you so much more than I already do. And I know you're going to own that city.
4. One day, everything is going to crash down and you're going to be standing in the middle of the rubble. You're an idiot. You're a pathological liar. You're insane. You don't make sense, you're two faced, you make things up for the sake of making things up. You need help, and neither she nor I can give it to you. By the way, she saw your profile and told me about it. We had a good laugh.
5. I could care less if you think I'm a bitch. I already know that I can be in certain situations. I'm very particular and I'm picky about who I associate myself with. Don't be offended, just find someone that suits you.
6. We'd better end up just like them. Minus all the health issues.
7. You're wasting away and you're not doing anything about it.
8. You're starting to get on my nerves.
9. I say yes to you because I feel bad saying no.
10. I don't know what the deal is. Do you not like me? Are they not good enough? That's your personal opinion, and you need to get over it.
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
All of those fears.
All of those insecurities.
Throw them out.
All of that hesitation.
Push through it.
All of that sadness.
Lift yourself from it.
All of that hate.
Rise against it.
All of that jealousy.
Get over it.
All of that joy, happiness, confidence.
Gain it. Relish in it. Love it.
Photo by me (of me). Words by me.
Edit: All I want to do is reblog I Wrote This For You every day, so here is today's amazing post.
Also, I tweeted to the author and he tweeted back. I'm a fan girl.