Friday, October 2, 2009

Why am I thinking about this?




I am a masochist. I am rereading the Twilight saga and slogging through it. I am putting off reading Breaking Dawn because Smeyer ruined Jacob for me. Seriously. The whole series is so creepy. Like, Edward is near to being an abusive, overbearing boyfriend who is creepy toward Bella, Bella is an idiot who is every single stereotype about women since the dawn of time who is creepy about Edward, and then about Jacob, and then creepy about both of them. Jacob is creepy about his love of Bella and ends up saying creepy things to her, much like Edward does to Bella and vice versa. And then. The big kahoona. I was team Jake until Jacob a) became creepier and more moody (from becoming a werewolf.. even though I knew it would happen IN THE FIRST BOOK OH MY GOD, SMEYER) and b) IMPRINTED ON BELLA'S NEWBORN BABY. THIS CREEPFEST GETS CREEPIER BY THE SECOND. Ugh ugh ugh. Why am I doing this to myself? Anyway. This was not supposed to be about this ridiculous saga.

I talked to my friend Anne about the idea of vampires. How strange they are.

It could go two ways: I can follow the traditional vampire legends, sleeping in my coffin for years and coming back out into a new world; or the vampires of Stephanie Meyer's world, never sleeping, never truly resting. But either way, I do not get tired. I do not need to change my stance or posture, for it never becomes uncomfortable. I am strong. I am durable. I see what human's cannot. I hear what human's cannot. I am impossibly fast. My insides are grayed in color. I feel like they should be dusty from being unused for so long. I feel like they wouldn't be covered in blood like a mortal's. My heart does not beat. I am dead.

So so so strange.

PS, in honor of my vampire related blog, two vampires based off the OG of vampire fiction: Lestat from Anne Rice's novels-turned-films, Interview with the Vampire and Queen of the Damned. First, we have the original Lestat portrayed by Tom Cruise (less cute but with alright acting skills), and then the second Lestat from QofD, played by Stuart Townsend. I liked Stuart more than Tom because he was way cuter and made pale very very sexy, however, his acting was pretty lame. Oh well. I forgive him. The soundtrack was amazing.

Okay. I'm done.
Time to jump off a cliff, LOLZ!
If you feel like lawling, go read these chapter by chapter Twilight saga reviews.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you... I also read the twilight saga and I became a fan really crazy, but then I bought the Vampire Chronicles and I was convinced that Stephenie Meyer have not idea about vampires.

    Lestat de Lioncourt is my favorite character and the truth now I find twilight vampires gay... Why not sleep? Why not kill humans? How to fall in love with them? How shining sunlight? Only real vampires deserve to be readed!

    OK, now that I left my big comment I'll go, but I follow you because I really liked your blog.

    And forgive my poor vocabulary, but I do not speak English so well.

    ReplyDelete