Monday, April 12, 2010

We all love you. You know that, right?



I forgot to wish you a happy nineteenth birthday yesterday. I miss you, a lot.

Sometimes, I think about my middle school years and how we spent them laughing about easy cheese, ramen noodles and our home ec class. You were so funny and such a bright light in those crummy years. I remember that time I made you pee your pants laughing. I remember your huge house that had such bad soundproofing, that everything that happened on the first floor could be heard from your room on the second floor. I remember you used to want to be a drummer; I wish I knew what you wanted to be in your last years, because I know these things change. I remember how glad I was to have you go with me to The Faint concert. I think we had one of the best times dancing at Numbers. I couldn't hear a thing when we got out of there, could you?
I wish we hadn't lost touch.

Your friends posted a video on facebook singing happy birthday and blew out candles on a slice of cake for you. I cried.

If I'm good, maybe I'll see you up there, yeah?

Photo: Toledo Bend series

2 comments:

  1. I forgot as well. And in my head, it feels unacceptable to forget something like that since she's gone :/
    I really wish I would have kept in touch with her, we got really close in 6th grade. I saw her a couple of times after moving to Westchester and in high school but we never really attempted to hang out. I still can't believe she is gone, especially in the way that it happened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. I reread the article about her death and I still can't believe it. Like, it does not work in my brain at all that she is gone. And that sentence doesn't even make sense. "She is gone."
    What.

    ReplyDelete