Friday, June 5, 2009

Good morning. Today is that day.


Here is something I posted on Facebook note, and to which, I tagged people to do it.

Hokay, Alee and I were talking and she told me this idea she had. Basically, you chose one of my quotes from below and you write something with it. It doesn't have to be long at all. And I don't want an "about the quote." I want something inspired by the quote. You don't have to do this, either.

Example (I used multiple because they fit together):

Those days were so clear to me. We knew each other and we knew ourselves. We knew the world-- or at least our own.
What happened? I woke up and YOU were gone.
I did everything I could, didn't I?
And when I finally found you again, I said, " I lost myself in search of you."
To which, you replied, "Come back when you find yourself."


Choose:

"I don't have much to say."

"I dream the same dream every night."

"And I stood off to the side, staring and jealous."

"I would like to learn how to completely disappear."

"Heavy thoughts and heavy boots." or "Heavy words and heavy boots."

"It looks like you have given up."

"I lost myself in search of you."

"Come back when you find yourself."

"I was so busy missing you, I missed someone else that was standing right in front of me. Now I'm missing them instead."

"There were lessons in those streets I should have listened to then. I am listening now. "

"I made this for you. You will never see it."

"Good morning. Today is that day."

"Where is the moon tonight?"

Here is what I got:

Johnathan B (he did multiple):
 There were lessons in those streets I should have listened to then. I am listening now. Fuck one-ways.
It looks like you have given up. Cheer up Wilco kid.
"I would like to learn how to completely disappear" was all he could think while we got 5 dollars worth of quarters for laundry today.
"I don't have much to say, other than honey! they shrunk the canned ravioli!" 

Colton C (also did multiple):
"I dream the same dream every night." & Still wake up screaming.
"I don't have much to say." because I speak through my camera.
"I lost myself in search of you." because you don't really exist. 

I watch people who get what they want every day just because their parents are trust fund babies, although I know money doesn't buy happiness forever it would buy it for me now.--- this is the quote that I used but I used it as the concept."And I stood off to the side, staring and jealous." 
"I would like to learn how to completely disappear." for the days that I truly wish I could be invisible.


Brianna:
Come back when you find yourself. We love you. We need you. But that’s the thing. You’re not YOU anymore. You’ve turned into something foreign and unfamiliar and none of us like it. They told me, “She’ll never go back to how she used to be.” I think they’re right. I mean, I hope they’re wrong, but I think they’re right. But I hope they’re wrong. I hope I’m wrong.

Jonathan A:
Of the things I’ve made, you’ll never see many. I tell myself that I’ll show them to you at some time or another, but in reality I know that what I’m saying is well… it’s a lie. I wish I could prove to myself that I’ve courage or a sufficient desire, but it’s no matter; from what I have done for you, and for what I hope to do, I only wish to be able to say but one. I wish perhaps, that one day my hope and inability will collide and I’ll be left able to say but one thing- "I made this for you. You will never see it."

Anneka P (clever, she used them all in one):
Where is the moon tonight? It’s dark, and it only reminds me of how lonely I am. I lost myself in search of you. I never learned and now I am weighed down by heavy words, heavy thoughts, and heavy boots. There were lessons in those streets I should have listened to then. I am listening now, and I would like to learn how to completely disappear, like you. My ignorance is gone because I am reminded. Reminded by this paper flower I am holding. I made this for you. You will never see it. It looks like you have given up. I’ve missed you. I can’t help but say please, come back when you find yourself. But then again, I was so busy missing you, I missed someone else that was standing right in front of me. Now I’m missing them instead.
Here they were, being whisked away without me, and I stood off to the side, staring and jealous. I dream the same dream every night, where I just get away from it all. I don’t have much to say anymore. And as the darkness around me fades to light and my paper flower is blown away by the wind, morning comes. I imagine a day where I am free from upset, where we all are happy and peaceful. I imagine you beside me saying, “Good morning. Today is that day.”

No comments:

Post a Comment