Thursday, June 11, 2009

I solemnly swear that I am up to some good.


This is my kitty, Callie the Calico Cat. She died last summer. I miss her so. She liked rubbing her teeth and gums on my fingers and she liked having her head scratched. She was an attention whore. She was also very prissy. Only the best for Callie the Calico, and no doggies were allowed near in her early years. Later in her life, she realized that my doggie, Tess, was there to stay (until she passed shortly after Callie). So Callie the Calico warmed up to Tess a little and would let her get near. But some days, Callie would not have it-- especially when she was being scratched. No attention for smelly doggies when Callie wanted love (and fingers). Oh, how I miss my kitty Callie the Calico.
I also had a kitty named Sabrina the Curious Cat (Sadly, I do not have a picture on my computer). She was pretty, with long black hair. I do not know what kind she was, but I know that she was not a Persian. She was not prissy and she loved doggies (Tess loved her, too). The first day I brought her home from CAP, I was holding her in my arms and showing her around the house. My house is very old and cracks sometimes, so when the house creaked, it scared my Curious Cat and she scratched my arm and made it bleed. After putting some neosporin and band aids on my little wounds, I laid in bed, teary eyed. My Curious Cat sensed my pain and laid with me, purring. I forgave my kitty Sabrina. She died sometime when I was in middle school. One night, curiosity got the best of my kitty and she was hit by a car. I miss Sabrina the Curious Cat.
I must get a new kitty soon. I miss the kitty love.

I have decided that I will not by animal tested products again. I have also decided that very soon, I will dismiss meat from my plate for good. I have already stopped eating beef and pork, and now I think I will dismiss chickens and turkey as well. I do not want to hurt the little animals. However, I will probably continue eating eggs, as long as they are from uncaged, vegetarian chickens (meaning they are fed grain and not wormies). I will also continue drinking milk, as long as the cows are unharmed and are in the best conditions.
Speaking of turkey, though... I went to the grocery store last night (before I decided to swear off all meat... This is why I am not stopping quite yet...) and I decided I missed hot dogs. And being a non beef/pork eater, I searched for turkey dogs. My mom picked up a package that SAID it was turkey dogs. I, being very wise, looked at the ingredients. It had beef stock in it! I do not think it can be considered TURKEY if it has any beef product in it what-so-ever. So I threw those things down and found some without any animal other than turkey. I felt like I outsmarted that company.
But yes, soon I will not consume any meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment